December 21, 2012

Dear Readers-

The season transition continues with the second installment of my three part series.


To start, thank you.

If you're reading this, it means you've taken time out of your day to look at my work. Chances are, this isn't your first visit either.


Blogger has a hit counter for page views, broken down by entry and also a grand total. Each time I post something new, the counter gets up to around 40 views. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that 40 people are reading something I put so much hard work and effort into. Just today (December 13th), my total views passed 3,000. That's a great accomplishment for me, considering how unpredictable this was at the beginning.

Before the season, I felt like something was missing. I felt a void inside me. I wasn't as excited as I wanted to be. I knew I was more passionate about the game for reasons very different from the typical fan. I wanted to show that to everyone who knows me. When this idea finally hit me in the middle of March, almost nothing could draw me away from thinking of what the next step would be.

My idea grew, and I eventually made this project exactly what I wanted it to be. It was my own, original work; something I created and put on  display in the best way I felt I could. As the season went on, I was surprised at how much this kept my interest. I would stay up late, spend hours editing and jotting down ideas, and talking the ear off of anyone who would listen.

I'm extremely happy with what this has become. I'm proud of what I've posted, and my standards are just as high as they were on day one. My drive and motivation has developed a great deal,  and it's not slowing down anytime soon.

I started BaseBlog on a whim. I didn't know what I intended it to be, but it's really given me an identity. It's something that defines me; something unique that I can pride myself on.

So again, thank you. Without your support, none of this would have happened. You may think you're only one tally mark on the entire world wide web, but you mean a great deal more to me than that.

This may sound like I'm saying goodbye or ending BaseBlog altogether, but this is just the beginning. Next season is going to kick ass, and I hope you all will still be here to experience it with me.




****

2013 is right around the corner...



No comments:

Post a Comment