September 7, 2013

Game 15 - 7/10 at Wrigley Field

This WILL be my shortest entry I've ever posted. There's hardly anything to tell.

As soon as I saw last October that the Angels were coming to town, I knew I wanted to be there. Pujols and Mike Trout, plus the other guys they've picked up on their spending spree? That was already worth the $45 price tag for the ticket. Josh Hamilton just became a bonus when he signed later that winter.


This entry is so short because I had no real desire to go to batting practice, which is extremely (almost unfathomably) rare. First of all, Sean (not the Ballhawk, mind you) and I were on a time crunch. The earliest we could have left was 3:30. If by some miracle we made it on time, I would be sweating and exhausted before I even got inside. Once the gates DID open, I would continue sweating buckets while trying to maneuver around the inevitable huge packs of fans that came for this more exclusive game in the middle of July. And finally, since I did pay $45, I wanted to actually watch what was happening in the game instead of watching where all the balls went and catching my breath from running around so much.

So that's that. Who cares what time we left, but we showed up early enough to meet one of Sean's friends at the new John Barleycorn. Kind of pricey, but pretty good from what I could tell. We still wanted to get good seats, so we made it inside by 6:20.

Another thing I imagined when I saw this on the schedule was picking a spot in the Bleachers directly behind Mike Trout. That's the only way to go, right?


Everyone else out here figured that, too.


I was excited to see Shark as well. It's been a while, and a win would be nice. I haven't been keeping strict track of the Cubs record with me this year, but I know it's not as bad as last season.

The man we all wanted to see came up in the two spot in the top of the 1st.

No, not the gap toothed idiot.
 

I'm really happy with how that picture turned out. He lined the Angels' second double in a row and drove in Erick Aybar to give the them the early lead.

And then the next guy came up:


Trout advanced on a wild pitch, Pujols walked, and Josh Hamilton hit a home run to right,and Mike Trumbo hit one to left.


Dammit, Cubs.

At least I had something to still look forward to after the atrocious top half.






Some bros behind us wouldn't stop talking about turtle soup, and it was very annoying. We moved, just two innings in, to where the only large patch of empty seats was left.


Yea, it was a nice night, but it would have been just a LITTLE more enjoyable if the Cubs didn't roll over and die.


One of my nice looking artsy-fartsy shots:


Full house. Not really deserved, but always nice to see this team isn't completely irrelevant.

My favorite rooftop, which I would do again in a heartbeat if I had another $70 to spend before this season was over:


 Both superstars yet again:


Nothing interesting happened until the top of the 5th.


Why did I take a picture of this family? You'll have to see for yourself.

Okay, you probably didn't watch that, much less see what I meant, so here you go:


Other people they knew were watching said the kid just to the left of the ball (who was basically our age) tried to avoid it. He looked like a fool and they were all getting phone calls and pictures sent to them. They thought that was hysterical.

On a day where I didn't bring my glove, I felt like this was a sign. I would not have been in that section HAD I been Ballhawking, but nonetheless - look how it worked out. Weird. One thing is for sure, though. I don't plan on voluntarily missing batting practice again anytime soon.

That's all I got. Cubs lose THIRTEEN to two. Did it have to be that extraordinarily painful?

 STATS
  • Time Spent at Game: 4 hours, 30 minutes
  • Total time spent at games: 82 hours, 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment